Well, that’s it! 2016 is over! (And can I just say, bye Felicia?) So that means it’s time for renewed commitments, goal setting, and a check-in.
Because let’s be real – who didn’t eat a few too many cookies over the holidays? I sure as hell did. I’m on day 2 of a little detox – no added sugar – and my body is all like “whyyyyy?!?!” That sugar, I’ll tell ya, it’s a hell of a drug.
So with all that in mind, I’d like to share some goals/commitments in order to keep myself accountable. Here they are:
- Be present. I spent a lot of time last year waiting for interesting things to happen and neglecting to appreciate the moment I was in. I don’t want 2017 to pass in a boring blur like 2016 did.
- Be gentle with myself. I’m a perfectionist, so when things don’t go exactly as planned, I take it out on myself. In the past, I have constantly felt ‘not good enough’, from my weight to my fitness level to my relationships to my career. This year, I am enough, no matter what.
- Be positive. I am a Negative Nancy most of the time, also known as a serial pessimist. But it’s not fun for me or for those around me when I’m obsessing about the negatives of every situation. It’s ok and it’s brave to hope for the positive and to be joyful about it all.
- Stay focused and dedicated. I get complacent. I think we all do. In work, in fitness, even in our relationships. This year I want to work hard every day to be better.
And since those were all lovely but were a bit on the general side, here are a few specific fitness-related goals that I have for this year:
- Run a 5k
- Complete the Bikini Body Guide (twice!)
- Return to (and surpass!) my lowest weight of 155lbs
- Do 12 proper push ups without stopping
- Spend 3 hours outside walking or running every week
- Eat 5 or more servings of veggies every day
- Stick to 1 and only 1 cheat meal per week
- Drink 3.5 litres of water every day
If I had to pick a word for this year, I think it would have to be embrace. I want to embrace life with open arms rather that worrying and obsessing all the time. To live without the onus of perfection on my shoulders. I want to greet everything that 2017 throws at me and meet it head on.
Happy new year all! 🙂