Hi, I’m Jess! Welcome to Does Running Late Count As Cardio (also known as DRLCAC)! This blog started as a place to honestly share the trials and tribulations of working towards a healthy, balanced life.
I decided to start documenting my journey and to hopefully share in it with some of you! I don’t know about you, but the world of fitness can sometimes seem like an intimidating one. I’m definitely no ‘fitness model’ and I can’t seem to get my smoothie bowls to look anything like the pictures I see on Instagram. I hope you lovelies will want to muddle through with me (and my occasional potty mouth) and we can all support each other, even through those shitty days when we just want to lie in bed and eat pizza.
On that note, here are some things you should know about me!
- –I have been workin’ on my fitness off and on for about 2 years now. As of right now, I’m just climbing back on the wagon after losing motivation for a while.
- I now work a desk job, a year after graduating from university, and am sitting for most of my day for the first time in my life. This has been one of my most major fitness challenges!
- If you can’t already tell, I love pizza. Like, I would eat some variation of pizza for every meal if I could do it while getting balanced nutrition. I also run on a mixture of coffee and sarcasm most days (and especially on Mondays before noon).
- I love spin classes and ab circuits… and I HATE burpees and most cardio. Cardio is hardio!
- I’ve got 2 pairs of Nike Frees… and I’m looking to add to my collection.
- I’m a social media butterfly! You can find me on Instagram (@bestjess_)… let’s be friends!
Nice to meet you! I hope you decide to stay + hang a while!